Monday, September 19, 2011

Another face in the crowd.

College is different from school. I was (in)famous back in school. For good deeds, or bad, I always was in the limelight. Its different now. Its completely the opposite. I'm lost in the crowd, and to be honest, I'm starting to like it. It feels like 7th grade all over again. I wasn't always this over-active, reckless, center-of-attention entity that I am now. Wait did I just refer to myself as an entity ?? Whoa.

Anyway, I used to be very timid (yes even I can't believe I'm using that word). Then I met one of the most wonderful women I've ever come across in my life - Mrs. Aruna Batra, our English teacher. That woman single handedly flipped my life 180 degrees. Everything that's good in me today, I owe to her. I really wish she'd stayed in Faridkot, It would've been lovely to go meet her every now and then. Yes, I do miss Batra mam. But the values she taught me, I'll never forget.

Coming back to being un-pupolar - its comforting. I like sitting on the sidelines and watch the carnival. Its fun. Then again that affinity for trouble is too great. I've already started 2 mass bunks in 1 week. Its only a matter of time before they call my parents. But then again Mr. B(for Bunk) sounds like a cool nickname. I gotta start focusing on studies on, focused like a stone-cold Buddhist monk meditating in the Himalayas.....Ooh look ! That dog is totally gonna rip that squirrel apart !!!

No comments:

Post a Comment